Sunday, January 3, 2010

Colorado


My parents are graciously hosting the kids and I until we have a place to live in Little Rock. This is the view from their front yard! We've gotten some good use out of our heavy coats and gloves. I'm hoping for a big snow while we're here. So far they've been pretty small.
I don't know why, but my kids have struggled to sleep well here. Jenna especially seems to be scared regularly, and it's hard to know how to deal with it in the middle of the night. Sometimes I hear her in her bed singing a song I taught her: "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Most of the time though, she just screams and cries and says she wants her mommy. I'm praying for patience, peace, and wisdom in this season of transition.


Drew got his first haircut at 11 months by Grammy.


I love that Lydia's tongue is out! Jenna loved this project so much that we decided to do it again with Daddy when we saw him for Christmas.



Focus on the Family (where my mom works) has an awesome FREE place for kids to play. Drew loved crawling through this log and peeking his head out. He's a cutie!


Grammy spent her lunch break with us at the play area. What a great place to sit and read!


Lydia only liked Mrs. Santa, but Jenna wanted to sit on the laps of both Mrs. Santa and Mr. Santa. She even wanted to tell Santa about Baby Jesus. They have loved singing Christmas songs, acting out the story, and playing with the doll here that they've named Baby Jesus. Somehow the part of the story that they got stuck on was the mean king who wanted to hurt Jesus.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: