Monday, August 24, 2009

It's the first day of school

...and for the first time since AJ and I were 5, it doesn't affect our lives.

It's kinda sad for me, but AJ's just focused on what he's doing at Chick-fil-A. I'm just so thankful for the privilege of being home with my kids instead of heading out the door to a classroom full of kids. I try to thank AJ at least once a day for going to work and providing a way for me to stay home. Of course, it's plenty of work, but it's the work I really want to be spending my time on!

Drew started waving a bit today, so here's a video of his new fun tricks.



Lydia has had her glasses for almost a week now. She's doing a great job of keeping them on, and Jenna has had no problem accepting that she doesn't have glasses like her sister. The doctor says her vision is fine, but this should relax her focusing to help her eyes quit crossing. For now, I just think she's a cutie in her little pink glasses!



We had a super fun weekend. We went to a minor league baseball game with lots of church friends, and a sweet lady at church painted lots of the kids' faces. She's so good!


Jenna the Princess and Lydia the Kitty
Hey--I don't have to label the girls anymore! You can tell them apart!


The kids have been really sweet and loving with each other lately. Drew smiles a lot when the girls give him attention (with some occassional laughing and hair pulling). He's learning to give them kisses, and they just tend to be very sweet and thoughtful with him.


Drew likes to stand and play for a bit but only when we stand him up. No pulling up yet (thankfully!)

One funny story: When the girls aren't sharing or any of the many other issues in a typical day, I sometimes say, "That's not sweet." So the other day Jenna was getting into something and I told her no. She replied with a funny, disapproving look and said, "Mommy, that's not sweet. You no tell me no!"

Hmmm...looks like she has some learning to do about the way life goes. :)

I have some more fun pictures from the last couple weeks. Hopefully I'll post them soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad about the first day of school. I can relate. Love Lydia's glasses! Love the funny stories. And I love you!
MP