Friday, January 30, 2009

Smiling

We're full of smiles at the Perea house! Drew thrilled me with his first smile tonight while we were sitting in the living room watching the girls dance and spin.

Jenna and Lydia have brought lots of smiles lately as they say "please" then "nicely" to reinforce that they should really get what they're asking for since they're asking nicely. Their Daddy has also successfully taught them to recognize burps and toots, so now I'm following up with the "excuse me" to follow their innocent admission "toot" or "burp." The girls are very proud of their freckles. They should be since it's one of the few physical features that distinguishes them from each other. Lydia's is on her cheek and Jenna's on her foot. Jenna likes her's so much that she doesn't like to wear socks so that she can see it at all times. They both love to remind us that their freckle is one of the things that makes them special. Oh, and Daddy's proudest lesson: "Girls, what do you think of boys?" "Peeyou! Stinky!" the girls reply while plugging their noses.

We are very busy but are having lots of fun enjoying are sweet kids. Here's some picture updates.

Drew: one month old
Snuggles from Lydia (L) and Jenna (R)






Jenna exercises with Auntie Gigi who she adored


This is what Lydia thinks of pictures these days.


Drew: 6 weeks old

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! We have been battling the "I toot" and "I burp" comments for a while, so I sympathize! Wyatt is just now saying "Asnooze me, I burp!" I can't believe little Drew is 6 weeks old already! Time flies!