Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The cute conversations have begun

Just as I was closing the door to the girls' room for the night one time last week, we had this interchange:

Jenna: "Mom"
Mommy: "Yes?"
Jenna: "Um...um...um...(trying to stall so I wouldn't close the door) You're the bomb."
Mommy: "Oh, you're so sweet!" (I go give her a hug and kiss) "I love you."
Lydia: (watching) "Mom, you're the bomb dot com."

Precious! This was the first time they'd said it without prompting from AJ, and it was definitely the highlight of my week.

We also recently overheard this between the girls:
L: "Look, Jenna, purple. Your favorite color!" (bringing J something purple)
J: "Thank you Lydia!"
L: "You're welcome."

Wow--manners and thoughtfulness without a reminder--progress!

One more. AJ had this conversation with Jenna recently:

AJ: "Jenna, Daddy's getting ready for work."
J: "Daddy loves Jenna and Lydia!" (This is a common phrase at our house. The girls ask where Daddy is, and I say, "Daddy's at work. Why does Daddy go to work?" They answer, "He loves us.")
AJ: "Yeah, of course. That's why I go to work--because I love you."
J: Pause...thinking..."Daddy die on cross?"
AJ: "Nope, only Jesus died on the cross. He did it because he loves you very much."
J: "Jesus get owies on the cross?"
AJ: "Yes, he got big owies on the cross."
J: "I kiss Jesus owies."

2 comments:

Lindsay D said...

Your kids are cuties Megan! What a fun age they are at and the fact they are learning to communicate in such precious ways is a joy to read about!

Hope you are doing well! Hope AJ likes the new job!

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Love those sweet girls! What precious conversations!
How's the new job going?!?!? Dying to hear! kb