Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Playroom

Here are some pictures of our recently completed (kind-of) playroom. The paint on the walls is thanks to my parents in addition to the cute curtains my mom made us. The verse on the wall is thanks to sweet Jenny with her amazingly steady hand. What a blessing to have a safe, easy place to set the girls that is right off the kitchen. Next projects: new carpet and a chalkboard and bulletin board for the empty walls.


The view from the kitchen. Thank goodness for a place where I don't need to watch them constantly!



It's great to have so much storage in this room! I painted white polka-dots on those black knobs.


Cute curtains and ric-rac and buttons on the chair rail



Our prayer for our kids: Romans 15:13


Here's the girls enjoying their fun room. It's hilarious how often they end up playing right next to each other! Jenna and Lydia have learned to give kisses and blow kisses, and peek-a-boo has them laughing really hard these days! They're both just beginning to cruise when they're standing. Jenna is beginning to name books, balls, babies, Daddy, ducks, and Mommy but just with the first syllable and usually only just when she's repeating our sounds. She cracked me up last weekend when AJ walked in while she was eating. She looked at him, waved and said, "HI." I think it was a fluke, but it sounded just like hi. Lydia's beginning to repeat our words too, and I think she loves music because she sings along when I sing to her and can often be found dancing when she hears music. What fun.

No comments: